Important Information from our President:
Action Plumbing Inc is taking important steps to protect our employees, clients, and communities from the impact of COVID-19. We will continue to work on safety measures as events unfold.
Action Plumbing Inc is an essential business that protects the health of the community. We thank you in advance for your heroism and dedication in your efforts to keep our community safe. We will remain open for business, operating at normal schedule…but in the safest way possible. Please refer to this page for any news, updates, or additional safety information.
Important Steps to follow:
1. If you feel sick - do not come into work. Contact your Doctor and follow your doctor's orders. Keep in contact with a member of Management. Please see link regarding Horizon’s COVID-19 information and 24/7 Tele-access to nurses for emergencies.
2. If you are diagnosed with COVID-19 or are waiting for COVID-19 testing, you must report this to Management to avoid spreading it to others in the workplace and community.
3. Know what to do if you feel ill and symptoms of COVID-19. Call your doctor or health care facility. The CDC and WHO is recommending you do not show up at the facility without calling first. (See links).
4. Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds and do not touch your face.
5. You may also use alcohol based rubs / sanitizers to kill the virus on your hands.
6. Wear rubber gloves, but remember - do NOT touch your face. Rubber gloves can transfer the virus to your face.
7. Action Plumbing Inc has ordered face masks and Hazmat suits. Please take great care of keeping them in your possession, as we have experienced shortages and/ or back-orders in the past months. Read the information links regarding face masks.
8. Practice Social Distancing - Avoid crowds / social gatherings
9. Avoid close contact, at least 6 feet according to WHO & CDC.
10. Use disinfectant on the fixtures you are touching, prior to touching them. There are strict limits enforced, as far as, buying in bulk. Action Plumbing Inc is allowing all store purchases of disinfectant and hand sanitizer to be put on your company cards. Use product that kill viruses such as: Lysol, Purell - See link below for list.
11. Follow all directions and guidelines outlined by the healthcare organizations below. Example: Do not cough and sneeze into your hand. Use inner elbow. Do not shake hands etc.
12. Cleaning / sanitizing in our facility has been addressed with our cleaning crew. For office staff, clean your desk and work area.
13. Wash work clothes frequently – do not reuse work clothes.
14. We, as a company, are going to implement social distancing throughout the office and field…effective Wednesday, 03/18/20. Technical Staff & Warehouse will not be permitted past the Vending / Technician Lunch Room until further notice. Office Staff – please utilize both lunch rooms to utilize safe space.
15. Sanitize your cell phones - often!
16. Do not vape or smoke near anyone, it helps transmit the virus to others if infected.
17. If you need supplies that you cannot find, use the buddy system asking others for what you need or alerting them of items you have found that they may need. You may also contact Kevin if you need specific items. * Update: Most, if not all, items are with Kevin in the parts office.
18. If you cannot find Clorox or Lysol wipes...You can disinfect surfaces using a bleach and water combination in a spray bottle. I have ordered these items and they should be in shortly. Disinfectant Solution: A general rule to sanitize with bleach is to use 1 tbsp of household bleach for every one gallon of water. Room temperature water is what is recommended for effectiveness. Contact Kevin if you need disinfectant, he has bleach/water/spray bottles.
19.Anti-bacterial soaps are no more effective than regular soap and water for causing disease-causing germs according to the CDC. Reason being, regular soap and water does not kill your good bacteria.
20. Although this page is for work related purposes, I want to remind you to clean frequently touched surfaces at home to reduce exposure to you and your family.
21. You can check this page for frequent updates. I will refrain from texting each time I update it, unless it is something urgent.
22. See below new section for Vendor List. These are changes to vendor hours etc. We will be updating as we get them, but you may want to call ahead to make sure facility is operating.
23. See below for attachments containing the current travel permits we have received.
24. FFCRA Poster is now linked - see link below for anyone impacted by COVID or affected by COVID life event changes.
25. IAPMO PPE - Plumbing Safety Guidelines attached.
26. Kevin has bleach solution and spray bottles for anyone who needs it. Please contact him if you need solution or any other items that you may have not been able to find. WARNING: DO NOT spray bleach solution inside or on your masks, do not use it on your skin, and do not inhale the fumes. It WILL cause respirator issues. Spray on fixtures (porcelain and medal) only and do not inhale the fumes. Also - please do not spray on any surface that can be bleached (example: carpet, wall paper, etc)
27. Do not share items such as pens, drink ware, food etc If a customer has their own pen, let them use it to sign the paperwork. If not, you can dispose of or sanitize your pen. * Pens are with the Parts Dept if you need any.
28. Action Plumbing Inc needs the ability to contact you...while you are at work and while you are not at work. If your personal phone number has changed, make Management aware of it. Should we get a report of COVID in a facility you have been to or a fellow worker has symptoms of COVID, we WILL need to reach you!
29. Reminder: If you feel ill - contact your doctor if you experience COVID symptoms or any concerning symptoms. Also - contact a member of Management to make them aware you are ill (Tracy Zams or Anthony Ferrara).
30. A new study shows 60% of positive COVID-19 cases lose their sense of smell and/or taste. Please be aware of these symptoms. Also, some patients have reported discoloration (blue/purple) toes.
31. Mandatory: Technicians must have masks on to enter any location or work in any location.
32. Mandatory/Reminder: While working you must have the proper PPE equipment: Face Mask, Face Shield, Goggles, Gloves, Hazmat Suit when necessary. If you are running low, please contact Kevin or Liz to restock.
33. Mandatory: Technicians/Parts Drivers must wear masks when working around and/or in working near other team members.
34. Health: Always protect yourself and those around you by following all mandatory steps above.
35. We have just received more hand sanitizer and Lysol liquid spray if anyone needs any refills or replacements.
36. Any employee that travels for personal reasons to a recognized "hot spot state" will be required to quarantine for 14 days upon return. If you have any questions on procedures contact Management PRIOR to making travel arrangements.
Important Links / Information:
All supply houses are now call-ahead only. No entry will be allowed into the building. Technicians will need to call upon arrival for the order to be brought out. The phone number for the local branch can be found on google if it not provided to you with your order number.
Avco Supply: 215-949-1550
Barton Supply: 856-429-6500
SupplyHouse.com in Cranbury: 609-613-7585
FERGUSON - SECAUCUS - CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
FERGUSON - LAKEWOOD- CLOSED UNTIL MONDAY
Home Depot: We want you to know that we are temporarily adjusting our store hours to close at 6 p.m., beginning Thursday, March 19. Our opening hours will remain unchanged.
Customer Travel Permits: